Horsemen of Judgment Keep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Horsemen of Judgment Keep

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Alamo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jayde
Warlord
Jayde

The Alamo Empty
PostSubject: The Alamo   The Alamo EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 1:38 pm

To give you an idea of how I feel about this movie, I am a die hard America supporter and I can honestly say that by the end of the movie I was rooting for the Mexicans.

In the pre-PC world I grew up in, I learned in school that the men of the Alamo chose to stay behind against the overwhelming odds of Santa Ana's army and faced almost certain death to give time for General Sam Houston to get his army together. Apparently I learned it wrong. The alcoholics and deadbeats living in the alamo didn't were to lazy to move and didn't give a damn that Santa Ana was coming, so they all fought to the death for pretty much no reason.

If you didn't watch the movie, let me sum it up. A bunch of guys, some of who you may have heard of are in a mission near Mexico. The Mexican army surrounds the mission, toys with its inhabitants for a couple of days. Davey Crockett stops a cannonball with fiddle playing. The Mexican army then attacks and wins the battle in about 3 minutes. General Sam Houston who has been running like a scared child from General Santa Ana for months, maybe years, finally finds him alone with a limited number of men and destroys the Mexican army. Game over.

The above statement was probably more exciting than the entire movie of the Alamo.

FINAL REVIEW: Not even worth watching while drinking a case of Corona on Cinco De Mayo.
Back to top Go down
http://hojk.squarespace.com

The Alamo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Horsemen of Judgment Keep :: Musings :: Alexander - He talks a lot-
Jump to: